About Equal Justice Works
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create a just society by mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice. Equal Justice Works is a recognized leader in the public interest law movement. Please go to www.equaljusticeworks.org to learn more about Equal Justice Works.
Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law school students and extends into later careers in the profession. From advocating for law school programs that instill public service values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that blocks lawyers from going into public service, Equal Justice Works inspires and provides opportunities for the legal community to change lives, make careers, and deliver on the promise of justice for all.
The Development Specialist is a member of the Institutional Advancement Unit, which manages all revenue generation across Equal Justice Works. The Specialist will support the efforts of the Institutional Advancement Unit and the Executive Office by providing data-driven intelligence and analytics to inform organizational development strategies, goals and execution.
The Specialist will utilize the Equal Justice Works Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System and external sources to help build, maintain, and evaluate an integrated fundraising program that increases giving from current and prospective donors. The position plays an integral role in the identification, qualification and research of major gift prospects, individuals, corporations, and foundations, and has responsibility for prospect research and reporting on fundraising initiatives.
- Identify, qualify, and quantify prospects and pipelines through research and data analysis.
- Analyze giving trends of all fundraising campaigns and make recommendations to positively influence future fundraising strategies and activities.
- Serve as the lead member of the team that prepares research profiles on prospects and donors to ensure successful stewardship and cultivation.
- Track fundraising efforts by building and updating campaign dashboards and trackers.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and reports; Help maintain the schedule of grant proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Participate in events (e.g., Conference and Career Fair, Leadership Development Training) and projects as deemed necessary to support the broader goals of the Organization.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and developments in research resources, technologies, and methodologies.
- Other duties as required.