The Facilities Management Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for the American Psychiatric Association. The Facilities Management Coordinator provides courteous and professional customer services at all times to staff, members, and guests and is responsible for coordinating all departmental meetings both internal and external, as well as daily coordination of building maintenance requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meetings Management
- Coordinates with appropriate stakeholders for internal and external meetings. Resolves issues courteously, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Schedules conference meeting rooms and arranges for catering and audio-visual service.
- Maintains conference room schedules in appropriate Outlook Public Folders.
- Distributes pertinent meeting information to Facilities Management Meeting Coordinator and ensures that meeting specifications are finalized.
- Reconciles catering vendor/supplier invoices.
- Prepares monthly reports on meeting related expenses.
- Assists the Facilities Management Meeting Coordinator with set-up, monitoring, recording, tear down and general support of all in-house meetings, as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Director and Manager of the Facilities Management team and serve as back-up in the absence of the Manager of Facilities Management.
- Prepares memos, letters and other correspondence, as needed.
- Places orders for supplies and equipment, and works with vendor to ensure a timely delivery.
- Processes, reviews, and reconciles invoices for payment and works with the appropriate staff to resolve discrepancies.
- Assists Manager with records management program.
- Maintains departmental databases.
- Assists with internal office moves, removes key board trays, hangs pictures, and other facility-related duties.
- Deliver boxes as needed
- Insures all employees have evacuated the building during an emergency and reports directly to the Director to give situational reports during an emergency.
- Notifies the Director and Manager or appropriate official of any disturbances.
- Maintains critical incident log of any disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and other incidents.
- Watches for and reports irregularities and guards against theft of association property.
- Provide basic CPR and assistance in medical emergencies.
- Maintain all first aid equipment which includes but is not limited to: the AED machine, the oxygen tank, and the blood pressure cuff.
- Receives members and visitors to the Association, maintaining the visitors log and informing appropriate staff of arrival and providing notification of deliveries.
- Serve as back up to the Facilities Management Meeting Coordinator as necessary.
- Serve as back-up in the reception area, print shop, mail room or other areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.