You are an emerging professional seeking opportunities to work on all phases of a project; you are eager and excited to learn on the job through training and mentoring. You want to be involved in initiatives and activities that advance your career and the Firm. You are a thinker and doer with vision and ideas to share with your teammates. You will make sure the job gets done, and have fun doing it.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and determined architectural designer for our Vero Beach, Florida office. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on both local and national projects. A role with construction documentation responsibility, you will also contribute to all phases of the project and you will gain field and client contact experiences. Additionally, you will have opportunities to participate in activities and initiatives organized and led by our Emerging Professionals Group. As an employee-owned Firm, this is YOUR company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Perform basic production drawings within established Firm Standards, industry standards, and relevant code
- Assimilate written building specifications, detailed drawings and verbal/written instructions to perform assigned tasks
- Assist Project Architects/PM in researching and obtaining project related information on all phases of a project and produces accurate and complete drawings, documents, and reports
- Visualize and plans the graphic presentation of items having distinctive design features that can differ significantly from established drafting precedents
- Recommend design changes, when appropriate, to Project Architect/PM
- May assist with coordination of outside engineers and consultant
- Assist Project Architects/PM with meeting minutes and meeting coordination
- Participate in marketing related activities including but not limited to design charrettes, committee activities, presentation board development, proposal compilation, visual presentation materials development and editing, photography and other marketing support duties as deemed appropriate
- Attend outside meetings that span the course of the work day AND after-hours as required
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM; AutoCAD; Lumion; Sketchup; Microsoft Office products; Bluebeam; Adobe Suite required
- Ability to produce construction documents creating accurate details, sections, and construction methods
- Dynamo and/or Grasshopper proficiency preferred
- Proficiency with 3D scanning and 3D printing is desired
- Proficiency in MS Office require
- Past experience with masonry/steel building projects preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
A graduate from a 5-year accredited architectural program; or achieved a Master's in Architecture; or combination of education and experience with eligibility to sit for the ARE's.
At least one year experience working in an architectural firm (may be achieved through co-op or internship arrangements)
CERTIFICATIONS OR PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
LEED designation is a plus (required after 2 years of employment).
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid AIA membership and Professional License Renewals
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Additional PTO to sit for Exams
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com