ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented and determined licensed architect for our Project Architect role to lead project teams in our Vero Beach, Florida office. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on all phases of your assigned projects. You will have the opportunity to collaboratively work with project team members, internal and external consultants, and clients. You will hone your leadership skills through mentoring and development of lesser experienced team members in the development of their design, technical and leadership skills.
- Collaboratively evaluate, select and apply architectural techniques, procedures, and modifications for assigned projects
- Perform architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the Project Manager/Associate Principal/Principal
- Participate in preliminary designs
- Mentor and supervise lesser experienced team members; may be assisted by Interior Designers
- Oversee and/or coordinate activities with outside engineers and consultants
- Construction administration when needed and/or coordination with construction managers/administrators; review of shop drawings; QA/QC
- Run and coordinate job meetings assuring that all meeting tasks are assigned and completed to meet deadlines
- May assist Project Manager(s) and above with preparation of cost and quality estimates
- May be requested to attend networking functions, and participate in business development activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Ability to development preliminary designs
- Ability to apply required building codes to projects
- Ability to produce specifications
- Ability to apply sound project management principles to meet deadlines and profitability targets
- Possess thorough knowledge of Design and Construction Documents
- Possess a thorough knowledge of AIA contracts and design office processes and procedures
- Possess an in depth understanding of the design of most building systems and types. Masonry and Steel experience preferred
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM/AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products such asn; Bluebeam; Adobe Suite required
- Proficiency in Dynamo and/or Grasshopper strongly preferred
- Proficiency with 3D scanning and 3D printing is desired
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited university/college
Minimum of Five years of architectural experience with at least one year leading projects
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Architectural License in the United States; eligibility for reciprocity in New Jersey is preferred
LEED or equivalent designation in sustainable design desired
WHY WORK AT SPIEZLE?
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid AIA membership and Professional License Renewals
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com