- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree level of expertise preferred, although degree not necessary.
- Five to seven years of management and fundraising experience in an organization heavily dependent on government grants.
- Demonstrated skill in government grant writing with a hands-on direct management style in this area.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategies for cultivation and solicitation of institutional and individual funders is essential, including major gift and/or capital campaign experience.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide array of constituencies, including board members, major donors, clients, and community members.
- The candidate must be an excellent writer and have extensive experience in fundraising, managing volunteer leadership, and budgeting.
- Strong demonstrated history of effective management is essential.
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal life experience is a plus.
Travel and Scheduling Requirements – Requires some travel for events and meetings, along with travel to our Harlem location, and ability to attend key events and meetings periodically held on evenings or weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status