The Business Intelligence Analyst I (BIA) is a subject matter expert on the organization’s data, and leverages data manipulation techniques, data visualization technology, analysis, and effective communication to drive mission outcomes through data-based decision making. The BIA I demonstrates a thorough understanding of the lifecycle of the organization’s data, and works cross-functionally to support and advocate for data-driven solutions to common business requests or issues. The BIA I applies creative and analytical thinking in order to draw actionable insight and meaningful conclusions from varying sets of data. Through data transformation and visualizations, the BIA I articulates insight and conclusions to varying audiences in an understandable manner.
General Responsibilities: Job responsibilities are stated in broad terms and are not intended to be inclusive.
- Utilizes Power BI and advanced Excel to design, maintain, and enhance a suite of dashboards and visualizations that drive key business decisions necessary to evaluate and improve outcomes.
- Frequently performs ad hoc analyses from start to finish: conceptualization, data gathering, analysis, presentation, and monitoring. This is often an iterative process.
- Develops and delivers operational performance reporting of results against the organization’s KPIs on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cadences.
- Proactively monitors trends to understand operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Builds complex budget models to facilitate the development of a portion of the organization’s operational and financial budgets.
- Monitors and presents monthly budget variance analysis and provides insight on potential reasons for variances.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to understand business needs, propose solutions and support the development of data-related projects.
- Develops and maintains trusted advisor relationships with LCNW leaders that include guidance for optimizing use of analytic capabilities and deliverables, and prioritization based on strategic vision.
- Acts as subject matter expert on the organization’s electronic medical record system, data lifecycle, and reporting tools and offers strategic guidance to business teams on how to best leverage these resources.
- Extracts data from multiple sources and transforms the data into a consumable format.
- Leverages skills in communication, data visualization, and data formatting to share information with varying audiences in an understandable and actionable manner.
- Facilitates project planning and governance aspects of Business Intelligence team including documenting requests and technical requirements via JIRA, scheduling meetings to involve appropriate business partners, assigning and prioritizing team resources, and providing follow-up communication with said business partners.
- Collaborates often with BIA II on projects and to advance the reporting and analytical functions across the organization.
- Collaborates often with the Process Improvement team to leverage data for improvement.
- Works together with BIA II, Quality & Regulatory Affairs (QRA), and operational teams to ensure data is captured accurately and efficiently within the organization’s electronic medical record system and data warehouse.
- Ensures data integrity across all data-related functions by driving and supporting business intelligence best practices such as technology, data governance, dashboard design, and single source of truth concepts.
- Participates in business intelligence technology evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing management.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.