We believe that successful companies are more about people than products and that a company’s human assets are its most important resource. That is why many employees have invested their careers in Webco. Perhaps the biggest benefit for those who join our team are the frequent opportunities to learn new skills and improve on current expertise through focused education and training. Upward mobility and promotion from within has always been an important tenant of Webco's success.By continuously investing in its employees over many years, Webco has built a culture of excellence that delivers value to everyone who the company touches.
JOB TITLES: Material Handler, Furnace Oulet/Inlet Operator, Cut Off Operator, Mill Operator, End Welder, Slitter Operator, Recoiler Operator, Straightener Operator, Auto Saw Operator, Packer, Bander, Deburrer, Inspector, Pointer Operator, Draw Bench Operator, Fork Truck Driver, Maintenance Technician, Auxiliary Machine Operators, Machinists and other Machine Operators. (Full Time)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operation of a variety of machines ranging from a six-ton overhead crane to a tube-forming mill. Responsibilities range from loading/unloading materials onto/off machines, processing tubing through equipment and ensuring quality of tubes being produced and shipped out.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires full range of body motion to include: constant lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stooping, squatting, walking, reaching, working overhead, climbing, standing, and the ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks.
- Must be able to work 12 hours per day, standing on a concrete floor.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires frequent unassisted lifting of a variety of objects from various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 50 pounds with an average weight of 34 – 37 pounds.
- Utilizes a variety of hand positions to work equipment controls and maneuver tubes throughout manufacturing process.
- Most jobs are fast paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential.
Hours: Shifts consist of twelve hours, various days of the week and either day shift (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) or night shift (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.). Business needs dictate the number of shifts per week an employee is required to work.
Webco's benefit package includes: health; dental; vision; cancer; short-term disability; long-term disability; employee, spouse, and child life insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) plan; educational reimbursement; paid holidays and vacation; training and development opportunities; profit sharing; prescription safety glasses; and free uniforms.