The Clinical Responder (CR) provides on-site responses to area hospitals to a conduct medical evaluation on potential organ donors and develop a plan with the healthcare team to maintain the option of donation. The CR may also provide on-site and recovery assistance to Organ Donation Services (ODS) staff.
- Participates in a 24-hour clinical call schedule and responds accordingly when on call.
- Receives and screens potential organ donor referrals.
- Responds on-site to the hospital to evaluate potential donors, enters relevant medical/social information into iTransplant, and collaborates with ODS and hospital staff.
- Rounds on units with high referral activity outside of active referrals.
- Attends mandatory meetings and education opportunities provided by LifeCenter Northwest (LCNW)
- Communicates on-site activities the Administrator On-Call (AOC).
- Supports Organ Recovery Coordinator (ORC) on authorized cases with data entry, hospital staff education, and serology/HLA blood samples for testing.
- Assists ORC and Surgical Recovery Coordinator (SRC) as indicated during organ recovery.
- Carries out other duties as deemed appropriate by the ODS Director and Clinical Services Manager and/or their designee.
- Collaborates with donor hospital staff, recovery partners, and LCNW teams to facilitate successful donation outcomes.
- Maintains professional responsibilities including, but not limited to, meetings, quality assurance, training, and process improvement.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LCNW; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right, and our decisions and actions always support our mission.