The Clinical Communications Coordinator position involves fulfillment of on-call triage responsibilities related to identification, evaluation, management, and coordination of organ donation referrals and all related documentation in a call center environment. This role provides triage services to hospitals located in the designated service area.
This position is based in our Bellevue office and primarily will work over the phone with our hospital partners. This position will have limited to no patient or donor contact in person, but will assist the process over the phone and perform remote patient chart evaluation. This position will require night and weekend shifts.
- Takes 12 hour shifts to be available for organ donor referral phone calls and triage activities associated with organ donation.
- Receives and screens potential organ donor referral phone calls.
- Provides family support to potential donor and donor families over the phone as needed.
- Obtains authorization or disclosure with first person authorization and conducts a donor risk assessment questionnaire (DRAI) with appropriate surrogate of the potential organ donor over the phone.
- Support Organ Recovery Coordinator remotely on authorized cases with data entry.
- Coordinates and performs ongoing evaluation of referred potential organ donors remotely and over the phone.
- Communicates organ donor referrals and related triage activities with the manager on call.
- Collaborates with donor hospital staff, recovery partners, and LifeCenter teams to facilitate successful donation outcomes.