The Human Resources Coordinator contributes to the calling of the organization through organization, coordination, and support of human resource projects and processes. This position will maintain and manage employee records, facilitate HR onboarding/offboarding, coordinate benefits, maintain the HRIS database, and the development of reports and metrics for the HR department. This position will maintain open and professional relationships with team members, promoting a strong team spirit, and provide staff with the required HR information and support so they can successfully perform in their positions. This position is part of the Business Partner team and as such will primarily support the needs of the Business Partners; however, some coordination work for the Senior Director, Human Resources will also be included.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Provide ownership of the general HR administration, new employee onboarding process and offboarding process:
- Ensure the new hire set up in Paycom is completed and submitted on time, reviewing for accuracy and completeness of data.
- Ensure new staff are assigned to the right job and job family in the organizational compensation structure.
- Complete new hire set up in HRIS systems.
- Conducts domestic new hire orientation and ensures employees are well informed of human resource policies and benefits and are appropriately trained in Paycom to enhance the employee experience.
- Responsible for Initiating the Recruitment process in Planner.
- Coordinate exiting process, and ensure all exiting tasks are complete.
Provide key coordination function with HR systems and HR data management:
- Serve as prime owner of employee data in HRIS Systems, managing data flow between the systems and ensuring the accuracy of all employee data and records.
- Assist in correcting errors and resolving issues related to HR systems and HR data.
- Address and respond to end user questions, either employees or managers.
- Produce confidential and accurate periodic and ad hoc reports on employee data.
- Ensure legal compliance, security, and confidentiality of all employee records in the HR systems.
- Maintain organizational charts, updating based on employee data.
Coordinate Benefits Administration:
- Support the Benefits Administration process by maintaining deep knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and participate in audits as needed.
- Respond to short term disability claims and employment verifications.
- Support COBRA Administration as needed.
- Provide general information to staff on benefits questions.
- Update and maintain benefits information in HRIS system as well as carrier websites.
- Liaise with finance to ensure correct billing and administration of benefits.
- Manage and track leaves of absence.
Other Administrative support
- Manage, track and ensure compliance on all employee information and documentation as dictated by regulatory agencies and policies, including new hire required documentation, employee actions, and terminations.
- Review HR archive for records retention/disposal.
- Support with filing, organization, maintenance of data and documents on the MS Teams shared space for HR documents.
- Edit/Format Employee handbooks (HQ and field offices).
- Support creation of Expense Authorization Forms (EAFs) and Invoices.
- Keep track and maintain Timesheets record for International employees in Paycom.
- Assist with International employment contract renewals.
- Creating and maintaining Workers’ Compensation files and paid claims in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Contribute to and/or lead HR projects and tasks as assigned by the HR Business Partner Manager. May serve in lead role to other HR staff for HR projects and/or responsibilities, as assigned.
Primary backup for Receptionist
- Cover days off, as well as some breaks and lunch periods for the receptionist.
- Serve as first point on contact and the face of the organization by greeting visitors, answering phones in a professional and personal manner.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Answer and direct questions to appropriate individuals.
- Unlock and secure the front desk area at the beginning and close of each business day.
HR Director Support
- Support department-wide planning for activities such as offsites, team meetings, and celebrations.
- Support department-wide meetings with agendas, minutes, and action item tracking.
- Compile monthly management reports, including HR metrics compilation.
- Support submission of HR Director Expense reports.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- PSEA support: Updating training materials, putting together training kits and information for field offices.
- Assist with staff events.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Additional duties as assigned.