EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Degree in Transport/Logistics Management or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution. Additional pieces of training in fleet management is desirable.
- Valid driving License for all relevant classes (Classes A, B, CM and DL is required). Possession of other classes are added advantage.
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics is an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven supervisory experience in fleet department preferably in international humanitarian organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience at supervisory level in International Humanitarian Organizations with a minimum fleet portfolio of 20 Vehicles.
- Experience working in a consortium of humanitarian actors, including UN agencies, is desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Fleet management systems, GPS tracking, fleet maintenance, and driver training.
- Budgeting, planning, and implementation management
- Full computer literacy on Windows and MS Office is mandatory. Knowledge of ERP and fleet management software is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of the fleet and traffic laws of Uganda is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in other logistics functional areas such as warehousing and procurement is desirable.
- Strategic and long-term planning skills required
- Mentoring, training, and capacity building
- Systems design and strengthening
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Remote management
- Good networking skills with the ability to negotiate
- Highly organized with good quantitative and qualitative skills in decision making
- Maintain detailed and complete records with high accuracy
- Productively engage across departments in matters relating to the fleet.
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.