The Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator will provide ongoing programmatic and administrative support to AIUSA's Member Leader, Grassroots Legislative, and Human Rights Education programs. These national programs manage and support grassroots engagement, leadership development, and human rights activism at AIUSA. The position will play an important role in supporting projects to build and strengthen the Grassroots Leadership and Engagement (GLE) Unit. Through the recruitment, retention, and skills development of activists and broad national networks, GLE staff build grassroots capacity to advance AIUSA’s human rights work. This position requires deep collaboration with both AIUSA members and staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates the design, marketing and distribution of unit communications and resources.
- Supports the planning and implementation of unit events, mailings, and trainings.
- Contributes to unit strategic planning and goal-setting processes.
- Supports digital tracking and management of unit budget, data, and reporting.
- Participates in shared responsibility and collaboration with volunteer leaders.
- Responds to inquiries from various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Member Leader and Grassroots Legislative Specific Responsibilities:
- Monitors and tests strategies that support recruitment, retention, training, and engagement of grassroots human rights advocates via the Member Leader and Grassroots Legislative Programs.
- Supports the development and maintenance of the Member Leader and Grassroots Legislative Programs’ web pages, interest forms, contact lists, and electronic communications.
- Collects and assesses demographic information and other data related to our grassroots human rights advocates (and their networks) and applies findings to initiatives to grow diversity.
- Supports the development and tracking of online and social media advocacy actions.
- Helps coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of volunteer leader convenings and grassroots lobbying initiatives, for both in-person and virtual platforms.
- Manages the intake of asylum seeker requests for support.
Human Rights Education (HRE) Specific Responsibilities:
- Responds to HRE inquiries and provides guidance to new interest on pathways for engagement.
- Helps procure and maintain HRE contacts in AIUSA database and send communications to contacts upon request.
- Coordinates the development, procurement, distribution and tracking of HRE materials.
- Supports HRE’s advocacy and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) initiatives.
- Tracks HRE engagement activity using outcome mapping tools and produces impact reports and infographics.
- Provides planning and logistical support for HRE related trainings and meetings, including HRE Caucus at Annual Regional and National meetings, for both in-person and virtual platforms.