Allegro is a respected leader in the senior living industry, actively engaged in ownership, operations, design, development and property management services for multiple luxury brands throughout the US, with corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, MO.
At Allegro in Tallahassee, you’ll discover the joys of inspired senior living. We care a lot about the people we serve. So we work hard to help you continue to enjoy friends, family, hobbies, and to provide all the little things that make your life meaningful and unique. Our warm, comforting and engaging environment will delight you every day. Demand the best for the rest of your life. Live the Inspired Life at Allegro.
The primary responsibility of the Care Staff is to provide resident care services, as scheduled, under the supervision of the Resident Services Director (RSD) in Assisted Living and Ensemble areas, maintaining a positive physical and social environment. The areas of responsibility listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully execute this position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Approach all encounters with residents and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, positioning, transfer, mobility, medicinal reminders, and incontinence care.
- Keep proper records of care including a resident service plan and documenting services provided.
- Be familiar with resident service plan and document all services provided.
- Report all observations to the RSD and Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD).
- Immediately report any changes in the resident’s condition to the RSD or ARSD.
- Establish good working relationship with residents through ongoing use of Company Policies.
- Work closely and maintain daily communications with the Resident Services associates so that a continuity of care and services is maintained for the residents.
- Meet customer service standards in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner with resident satisfaction a priority.
- Provide warm welcome to all visitors.
- Collect laundry, and distribute linens and personal laundry. Make beds and straighten up apartments in accordance with Community procedures.
- Assist residents with their supportive devices.
- Encourage and remind residents to attend daily activities.
- Oversee scheduled individual and group activities on a daily basis. Initiate individual and small group spontaneous activities as situations dictate and permit.
- Assist in properly maintaining and safeguarding all equipment in the Assisted Living area and ensure that work areas are clean and safe.
- Understand and follow health, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Answer telephone appropriately following the Community policy.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance as scheduled to assure no shift is short of Care Staff.
- Stay alert and awake at all times while working scheduled shift.
- Be an active participant in the resolution of conflicts which may arise with others. Remain open to differences and be willing to compromise. Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the RSD.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful for signs that residents are not able to function at their usual level or a change in behavior. Report all signs to the RSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the RSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community or Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
In Communities with an Ensemble Program, Additional Areas of Responsibility:
RESIDENT SERVICES: Assist persons diagnosed with irreversible dementia (Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, etc.).
- Be familiar with each resident’s history and profile to include: cognitive diagnosis, physical health condition, social support system (family & friends), prior living arrangements, preferred daily routine, emotional triggers (fears, anxieties, etc.), recreational, and spiritual preferences and habits.
- Respect each resident as a unique individual. Be familiar with resident service plan including changes and updates. Assist resident following specifications of resident service plan.
- Communicate with residents in a friendly, calm manner at all times to assure resident emotional well-being. Interact with residents in an adult-like manner. Be familiar with various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Facilitate resident independence. Encourage and motivate residents to perform tasks and activities independently in order to promote resident self-esteem. Provide opportunities for resident choice, as appropriate.
- Maintain resident dignity. Ask permission to assist resident.
- Protect resident privacy when assisting with activities of daily living (ADLs). Knock on doors before entering; assure privacy during baths or in bathroom, dressing/undressing, etc. Ask for resident preference regarding privacy.
- Assist resident with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, eating, walking, etc. per service plan and in accordance with Philosophy of Care. Assure residents are clean, neat and appropriately dressed.
- Provide verbal reminders, reassurance, assistance, and escort for residents to participate in neighborhood daily scheduled resident specific programming to include activities and dining services.
- Assist Program Director (PD) with activities. Oversee scheduled individual and group activities on a daily basis. Initiate individual and small group spontaneous activities as situations dictate and permit.
- Assist with meals and snacks. Prepare dining area for meals with table set-up, assist residents with serving and clean-up.
- Tidy-up resident apartment each day. Make bed, empty trash, and check apartment for dirty or soiled clothing and remove for laundering.
SAFETY: Promote a safe environment for residents, associates, and visitors.
- Be knowledgeable of the neighborhood security system and maintain the integrity of it. Promote safe practices whenever anyone enters or leaves the protected neighborhood or outdoor courtyard.
- Be aware of residents who are identified as being at risk for elopement. Be familiar with policies and procedures in cases of resident elopement and act accordingly.
- Understand how resident emergency response system works and respond immediately to all requests for assistance.
- Be knowledgeable of policies and procedures related to safe resident care. Use safety when assisting residents with services. Use gloves and other personal protective equipment as indicated.
- Maintain safety of residents by removing items from their path in their apartments, encouraging them to use ambulatory equipment as needed, and use care when assisting with ADLs, especially when in bathroom.
- Keep common areas free from clutter. Sweep, vacuum, and tidy-up areas as needed.
- Maintain security of cabinets, drawers and doors to areas where cleaning supplies/materials, chemicals, etc. are stored.
- Make certain that cleaning supplies/materials are never left open or unattended.
- Assist with emergency and evacuation procedures, including fire drills.
- Monitor resident use of outdoor courtyard during periods of extreme heat, cold, or inclement weather. Assist residents as needed.
- Communicate all incidents/accidents to the RSD/Assistant Resident Services Director or other supervisor in a timely manner. Complete reports as a priority and submit before end of shift.
SUPPORT SERVICES: Support the programming and operations of the neighborhood.
- Monitor resident health and mental status and report changes or unusual behaviors to RSD or other supervisory staff.
- Note daily services performed for each resident and keep accurate records.
- Participate in the development of resident service plans and resident service plan meetings.
- Have knowledge of and follow state Assisted Living and dementia certification regulations. Assist with surveys.
- Serve as a support and resource to resident family members. Respond to all requests for assistance, concerns, complaints, etc. in a friendly, courteous manner. Relay all appropriate matters to RSD in timely fashion.
- Assist in marketing the neighborhood. Greet visitors and prospects, give tours, and make immediate referrals to Sales & Marketing Director of any inquiries.
- Collaborate with and assist all departments including Business Office, Activities, Dining Services, and Environmental Services to provide for the highest quality of services to our residents and their families.
- Always present self in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner to others on the Community team.