Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist
Bioinformatics scientists provide bioinformatics and statistical analysis support for biomarker discovery, IVD product development and CMI tumor molecular profiling service.
- Develop and maintain statistical analytical tools and bioinformatics pipelines.
- Conduct analysis and develop innovative algorithms on biomarker discovery and clinical diagnostics data.
- Consult on experiment design and data interpretation for laboratory research.
- Provide analytical support for quality assessment of laboratory service and production data.
- Contribute to design and development of informatics infrastructure.
- Adhere to coding and documentation standards and manage deliverables for area of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Solid understanding of principles and analytical methodologies in computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Hands-on experience of state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools, including NextGen sequence analysis tools.
- Knowledge of public bioinformatics databases.
- Proven ability for developing and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines.
- Experience in developing database and data-driven applications.
- Programming skills with Perl, Python, C/C++ and/or Java.
- Good understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Skills in statistical analysis and proficiency with statistical package such as R/S+ and/or SAS.
- Ability to understand biological, laboratory, R&D, and clinical data.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Advanced degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, computer science and other related disciplines.
- New graduates up to 8 years of experience preferred
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.