The Donor Service and Gift Processing Assistant contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by fostering long-term engagement among the core donor base through excellent and accurate communication. It ensures that donors experience high-quality interactions with the organization by implementing the key tenants of donor relations: acknowledgement, stewardship, recognition, and engagement. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented, and who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures. This position will work to maintain positive interactions with donors by working with the Marketing Coordinator and the Gift Processing Assistant to ensure timely acknowledgements are made while also protecting donor confidentiality.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a contact for donor calls, questions, and complaints, responding quickly and appropriately via phone, email, and social media channels. Ensure current procedures are documented appropriately in the donor service playbook.
- Ensure excellence in donor experience through individual interpersonal experience. Look for opportunities to improve retention and donor experience.
- Support gift acknowledgement/receipting and thank you cards for donors. Ensure changes within structure are effectively communicated to all relevant parties and necessary changes implemented.
- Troubleshoot donor questions regarding gifts, donor advised funds, employee matches, etc.
- Update and maintain accurate constituent records in Dynamics CRM. Work with other teams as needed to ensure records are complete and meet needs for reporting.
- Troubleshoot credit card issues after escalation from Gift Processing, including monthly donor credit card expirations.
- Execute outbound telephone calls for lapsed donors, upgrades, and monthly giving program as assigned.
- Support and respond to inquiries that come into the Medical Teams International info mailbox.
- Assist in the gathering of all donations for Medical Teams, via multiple channels, and prepare for data entry.
- Retrieve web credit card gifts and process manual credit card gifts and import into CRM system.
- Assist with the recurring gift process, including adding and updating credit card and ACH info, making any donor advised changes, validate charges processed and research any that fail.
- Assist in entering daily receipt of all donations through the Lockbox.
- Process receipts daily, creating accurate and timely gift acknowledgments.
- Update donor information in Dynamics CRM as appropriate and per department guidelines.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Backup for receptionist and mail at front desk.
- Maintain donor confidentiality.
- Additional duties as assigned.