Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) is looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and self-motivated individual to help the database department turn fundraising data into useful marketing insights. The position will conceptualize, gather and analyze data from internal and external sources as it relates to quality and efficiency of business activity, market trends, efficiency and quality of development operations and marketing efforts.
This position is responsible for collaborating with different fundraising teams, building business requirements, working with vendors and delivering analytics that provide insights and trends of PVA fundraising efforts. The position is also responsible for quality assurance of data integrity, data extraction, report customization, and analysis. The Data Analyst will summarize data and prepare reports for leadership review/use; Participate and coordinate with departments; Share expertise with team members and peers. Works under the supervision of Director for Data and Analytics.
*This position is open for a Hybrid with a Fully Remote option.
- Performs analyses and reporting on fundraising data to inform decision makers in Operations, Strategy, Marketing and/or Finance departments.
- Performs detailed analyses in response to requests from internal customers. Analyzes and manipulates data, identifies trends, reviews and evaluates findings. Summarizes data in user-friendly reports constructing tables, graphs, and providing statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Works with Fundraising Strategy Team by creating fundraising performance reports that demonstrate campaign quality and market trends.
- Identifies opportunities to improve data collection, report distribution and maintenance; participates in implementation of changes, as appropriate. Collaborates with vendors and client teams to streamline standard reporting needs.
- Coordinates with different teams to document data definitions to ensure correct and consistent use and interpretation of metrics across the organization. Develops an understanding of all departmental reporting to ensure accuracy and use of reporting standards and definitions.
- Instructs, orients and trains department staff to new and existing reports and reporting tools.
- Obtains end user feedback/input to ensure that internal and external teams’ reporting needs are met.
- Reviews and monitors key operational indicators related to cash flow, reconciliation of revenue.
- Performs regular data integrity auditing and analysis, making recommendations for streamlining processes and undertaking data clean-up projects, as appropriate.
- Works closely with Accounting on financial adjustments and reconciliation reports as well as assists with the organization’s annual audit and any state charitable registration requirements.
- Works closely with analytics vendors to ensure PVA needs and requirements are implemented. Correct and prevent vendor data issues that may impact performance reporting.
- Regular Sustainer reporting for Donor Services. Overall Sustainer Reporting for DM.
- Stays up to date on industry standards on trends, opportunities and challenges, analytics upgrades and plug-ins, etc.
- Works closely with Data Service team to ensure all Fundraising reporting and analysis deliveries and schedule requirements are met.
- Develops analytical dashboard for the digital team to keep track and report.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience applying analytics, statistics and/or data visualization expertise, preferably in a nonprofit/fundraising setting,
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic skills, as well as, with the ability to interpret and present key analytic findings required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite - advanced Excel required.
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL, Python and/or R to extract and manipulate data, delivered through dashboards preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI and CRM tools such as Salesforce, and statistical software’s preferred.
- Understanding of nonprofit operations and revenue cycle management is preferred.
*PVA does not offer employment sponsorship.
PVA is an equal opportunity employer.