High School or equivalent
No experience is required but preferred. Must be able to take written and verbal instruction. We have a thorough training program to prepare you for success in your position with Flagship Restaurant Group.
Must be able to work changing temperature atmospheres. This position will require standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to handle the demands of a fast paced and sometimes demanding atmosphere.
A Flagship Restaurant Group Dish Steward will be required to do more than wash and stock dishes. Small food preparation tasks such as portion food items and minimal food fabrication. They are also required to clean bathrooms and take on other deep cleaning projects that are delegated by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. Must understand the importance of handling dishes and kitchen wares in a clean and safe fashion. Must always also maintain food and sanitation standards. Maintains a positive work environment and is teamwork oriented.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean workspace and all times (clean as you go mentality)
- Work at a fast and efficient pace
- Practice thorough and often handwashing
- Ensure that all plate, silver, and glassware is clean and sanitized
- Ensure that all kitchen utensils are clean and sanitized
- Knows how to break down and assemble dish machine
- Chemical safety comprehension
- Ensure that all bathroom and dining room facilities are clean and up to FRG standards
- Maintains a clean appearance and is will be in uniform for every shift
- Abides by all brand standards and company policies and procedures
- Small food preparation tasks