The HR Business Partner must gracefully respond to shifting priorities, have a high level of focus, and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- BA/BS in human resources, business management or related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, such as compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management
- Knowledge of state and Federal laws and regulations relative to HR management
- High level of professionalism, tact, discretion and diplomacy required for dealing with personnel at all levels of the organization; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with payroll and HRIS systems
- Strong customer service skills along with strong written and oral communication skills
- High aptitude for detail with commitment to accuracy and follow-through
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work as job duties demand. Travel to other Trustees’ work sites in Massachusetts is required.
About The Trustees of Reservations
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 118 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit 501(c)3 conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, donors, volunteers, and more than 60,000 household members.
Trustees President & CEO Barbara Erickson has been featured in the “Top 100” Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for five consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family.
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, with employer health and dental premium contributions ranging from 75% - 85% based on plan level
- Fully paid life and disability insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement accounts available for employees to contribute to upon hire and a 5% employer match after one year of employment
- Three weeks of vacation time in the first year of employment, as well as 10 sick days, two personal days, 12 Holidays and one floating holiday per year
- Four weeks of Paid Parental Leave following the birth or adoption of a child, after one year of employment
- Day of Service: provides one day per year when each staff member works in a division and location other than their own in a fun group project such as clearing trails, painting fences, planting seedlings or bulbs, organizing archival documents, reinforcing beach shorebird fences, or making phone calls to thank donors
- Day of Wonder: provides one workday to explore the wonders of any of our Trustees properties
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.