Reports to: Operations Captain. In the absence of the Captain, reports to the On-Duty Battalion Chief.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Current Texas AEMT DSHS Certification required by 1/17/2021.
• Texas Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record.
• Applicant must not appear on CMS Exclusion List.
• Current AHA Basic Life Support certification.
o Current AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
o Current Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support certification.
o Current Emergency Pediatric Care certification.
o Current Advanced Medical Life Support certification.
• Experience in the provision of emergency medical service. (Preferred but not required)
• Current AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Preferred)
• Under the direction of the On-Duty Captain, the purpose of this position is performing as an AEMT. Employees in this classification perform highly skilled, technical level work. Position is responsible for providing medical services. The position provides medical services, including response, assessment, treatment as authorized by COGs, and transport. The employee must follow all policies as outlined in this Employee Handbook & the Standard Operating Procedures. Performs related duties as assigned. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain their continuing education hours; so that they maintain the certifications as outlined in the minimum qualifications.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires the ability to be able to read, speak, perform general mathematics, operate and control the actions of equipment and machinery.
• Requires the ability to use computer software for operational and clinical tasks.
• Requires the ability to process information and complete tasks in a timely manner.