Weston Tennis Center has an opportunity for tennis pros who are ready to advance to the next level.
Weston has one of the largest Junior Programs and one of the fastest growing Adult Programs in the Company. An Adult Program Director AND a Junior Program Director position is available starting no later than the beginning of January.
Compensation for the position includes Salary plus Commission.
To find out more about these positions and/or to apply, please complete the application.
- As a Program Director you are responsible for all areas both on and off court for the success and operation of your program. Working within the framework of Cliff Drysdale Management, the Program Director will be responsible for managing and growing a program compatible with serving the interests of members/nonmembers as well as leadership and education for the growth of the pros.
- Assist in developing pros both on and off court to reach club goals
- Must be available to teach during club’s operating hours.
- Assist director preparing courts
- Teach drills in an energetic and fast paced manner
- Maintain positive relations and rapport with clients and coworkers, members and guests.
- Develop, manage and improve a tennis facility within the framework of Cliff Drysdale Management
- Be the leader of your club, both in on and off court activities.
- Be an ambassador of the program and club
- Create and activate a growth plan for the program
- Plan, develop and grow the tennis programs for all levels:
- Adult and junior clinics
- Special Events
- Cardio Tennis
- Tennis 101
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates staff.
- Markets tennis facilities to members and guests.
- Ensures that all facility members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Ensures the safety of members, guests and employees by following safety guidelines.
- Ensures revenue is properly recorded into POS system and reconciled daily to schedule.
- Provides lessons and clinics relating to the techniques and strategies of tennis to members and guests.
- Conducts weekly pro staff meetings.
- Writes and edits all tennis-related news for the facility newsletter and website.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Facility General Manager/Owner and non-tennis facility staff.
High School diploma or GED
USTA NetGeneration Certification is required as a condition of employment. Please go to https://netgeneration.usta.com/us-en/registration.html to register for free.
Minimum 1-year experience required
Experience teaching tennis lessons to adults and juniors of various levels
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, talks, hears, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Occasionally sits. Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the staff may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment used are in English)
- Skill level equivalent to a minimum 4.0 USTA rating
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic computer and email skills.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Availability during club operating hours
Full Time employees receive benefits:
Company benefits offered including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.