Job Title: Jr. Bioinformatics Scientist
Caris Life Sciences is looking for a sharp, driven and goal oriented Jr Bioinformatics Scientist to support our bioinformatics and statistical analysis leadership as well as novel biomarker discovery derived from Caris’ proprietary ADAPT Biotargeting SystemTM. These critical roles will work closely with our Bioinformatics & R&D teams to assist in designing experiments, analyzing complex clinical and translational data sets. We are looking for team oriented, hands on professionals with a passion for personalized medicine and innovation in statistical and mathematical analyses.
- Develop and maintain statistical analytical tools and bioinformatics pipelines.
- Conduct analysis on biomarker discovery and clinical diagnostics data.
- Consult on experiment design and data interpretation for laboratory research.
- Contribute to design and development of informatics infrastructure.
- Adhere to coding and documentation standards and manage deliverables for area of responsibility.
- Master’s or PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, computer science and other related disciplines.
- Solid understanding of principles and analytical methodologies in computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Hands-on experience of state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools, including NGS and proteomic pipelines strongly preferred.
- Proven ability for developing and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines.
- Experience in developing database and data-driven applications.
- Programming skills with Perl, Python, shell scripting and/or Java.
- Skills in statistical analysis and proficiency with statistical package such as R and SAS.
- Ability to understand laboratory and clinical data.
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and clinical data analysis is highly desirable.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.