The Development Assistant for Major Gifts ensures the smooth operation of administrative and systems functions within the Major Gifts team. This position is responsible for supporting day-to-day administrative activities of the Major Gifts staff, including gift processing and acknowledgments, information management and reporting, coordination of mass donor communications, meeting preparation, and responding to donor inquiries as required. Also, this position is responsible for assisting the National Director of Major Gifts with income tracking and collaborating with leadership and across departments to manage and recommend new processes for streamlining work of the Major Gifts Unit.
▪ Ensures accurate and timely processing of all gifts from major donors; drafting and mailing donor acknowledgment letters and ensuring financial database information is accurate.
▪ Maintains accurate and up-to-date records for all major donors in the database as well as electronic files for donor gifts.
▪ Generates and creates reports from ROI database and Tableau software such as general accounting reports, mailing lists, and other donor-related reports.
▪ Prepares for weekly team meetings: arranging video conferencing technology, collecting agenda items, and taking meeting notes.
▪ Maintains inventory of team’s supplies and collateral materials.
▪ Assists with the coordination of event-planning with Directors of Development as appropriate.
Assists with the creation and management of donor communications calendar and materials: collaborating with other stakeholders to execute strategic and timely email and mass communications; drafting communication materials and collateral.
▪ Provides administrative support to National Director of Major Gifts: arranging meetings, processing expenses and reimbursements, and completing other tasks as needed.
▪ Together with National Director of Major Gifts, develops and coordinates programs and activities for a national major gifts program, including directed communications, conceiving, coordinating and implementing conference calls, programs and travel opportunities.
▪ Assists the National Director of Major Gifts with income tracking and financial reports.
▪ Follows established protocol for the control and release of information that may impact internal or external relationships. Escalates complex problems to the appropriate level as necessary.
▪ Responsible for administrative, financial, logistical, and research tasks to support program or department.
▪ May supervise and train interns.
▪ Presents a positive image of work group and AIUSA to others