We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
$2000 sign on bonus!
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position located at La Clinica
MUST BE BILINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The registered nurse position performs professional nursing practice (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in the care of clinic patients in a culturally diverse population. Provides direct patient care to promote the restoration of health and achievement of patient health goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides general ambulatory health care to patients, including administration and/or dispensing of prescribed medications, vaccines and treatments in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Sets priorities and organizes work to deliver safe and efficient patient care.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to assess, collect and analyze patient information, prioritize and intervene in multiple encounters in daily clinic operations.
- Conducts patient telephone and walk-in triage through use of nursing assessment skills, clinical background/knowledge and use of decision support tools approved by Minnesota Community Care to systematically assess and address patient needs.
- Works with provider(s) to care for patients as a collaborative member of the clinic medical home team. Engages in patient case management/preventive health and chronic disease management within the scope of the RN’s training and licensure. Collaborates with the primary care team, conducts patient visits, provide support for provider visits, and engages in patient education.
- Responds effectively to urgent/emergency situations.
- Acts on nursing standing orders per established Minnesota Community Care policies and procedures in regards to medication refills, prior authorizations, treatments, etc.
- Ensures smooth, efficient clinic flow.
- Monitors clinic safety and observance of standard precautions.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.