The Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable (AP/AR Specialist) Specialist supports the accounting activities of LifeCenter Northwest through the performance of duties related to the accounts receivable, accounts payable and employee expense reimbursement processes.
Accounts Receivable Duties:
- Invoice customers for procured organs and tissues daily including charges for serology testing, ground transportation, flights, & supplies.
- Input invoices to accounting system with proper coding.
- Maintain A/R aging, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Follow up with customers on aging receivables as needed.
- Reconcile the AR and revenue accounts monthly.
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Enter accounts payable transactions in accounting software.
- Manage vendor invoice log.
- Review and post A/P batches.
- Determine appropriate disbursements for weekly check run.
- Create monthly A/P accrual entry and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Determine appropriate billing for donor hospitals.
- Reconcile vendor statements, and conduct further research when discrepancies arise.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior to payment.
- Manage vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Responsible for obtaining and updating vendor W-9 tax forms as needed.
- Responsible for issuing vendor Misc-1099 forms in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Manage reimbursements to hospitals and funeral homes for tissue recovery cases.
- Maintain A/P aging, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date.
Employee Expense Duties:
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of our corporate card program.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of Concur system.
- Provide training of the Concur system to new employees.
- Provide Concur user support to all employees and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Reconcile balances of all corporate credit card expense reports to monthly statements.
- Review out-of-pocket and corporate credit card expense reports to ensure proper approval, coding and receipt documentation prior to payment.
- Import Concur expense data into accounting software in timely manner.
- Accounting for fixed assets - monthly depreciation, adding new assets, dispose fully depreciated assets.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.