Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is the bridge between Design and Production which produces drawings that are essential for fabrication while maintaining design intent for the client. The Design Engineer III is responsible for leading their assigned team on assigned projects with guidance and collaboration, to create and provide unique solutions for our diverse clients and projects, including all aspects of engineering for the project. The Design Engineer III is expected to be able to lead any size project in its entirety within the Engineering team
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS may include but are not limited to:
- Uses Solidworks at an expert level to create very high quality, accurate and timely production drawings, which require no redlining
- Leads all elements and any size project in its entirety within the Engineering team
- Maintains established partnerships with Project Managers, Designers, Project Engineers and Production staff; always providing effective, timely and clear communication
- Exhibits strong initiative toward upholding quality standards, improving when necessary and being accountable for all assigned jobs
- Displays full ownership of all assigned projects simultaneously, including supervising the work of other Engineering team members on the job as well as their team’s daily task assignments and completion
- Redlines team prints before turning in to Engineering Manager or Sr. Design Engineer for final sign-off, keeps communication at a detailed and frequent basis for the core team, sends team email distribution, and coordinates standards of projects (colors, materials ordered parts) with assigned project team members
- Releases individual or team drawings to Engineering Manager or Sr. Design Engineer for final approval that are thorough, easy to understand and reflect the best possible solution to any given assignment
- Communicates project details by receiving, interpreting, and executing information from both internal and external clients
- Ensures all components and assemblies are created by assigned team and adheres to applicable industry and business standards
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills on assigned projects in terms of priorities, scheduling commitments, meeting/exceeding deadlines and within stated budget
- Communicates at a highly professional level and ensures the team assigned to each project delivers an exceptional client experience
- Provides mentoring and training to less experienced Engineering team members to continue to foster growth with skill set and career development
- Communicates with the Production team professionally and consistently to ensure all assigned projects are moving through the production process correctly and on time
- Works proactively with the Production team to fix any errors during the production process up to and including install
- Demonstrates leadership by example by being able to lead and be led
- Ensures install details are clearly understood by the assigned install team and are carried out correctly
- Continues as a subject matter expert (SME) in the area assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Ability to perform day-to-day tasks while thinking outside of the box
- Ability to successfully execute projects on tight deadlines and to perform at high levels in a fast paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Capacity to find solutions with a collaborative, positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and team player approach
- Ability to multi-task and successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering high level outcomes.
- Exceptional listening skills
- Ability and knowledge to focus on process details
- Be dedicated to everyone’s success and contributes to a positive Engineering team and DI company culture
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Five to eight years of experience and/or training in the design engineering industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technically proficient at an advanced to expert level with Solidworks, Engineering processes and materials
- Advanced experience with CNC machining, CAM software and Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 80 hours of on-site project time which can include off-site client meetings, field verification, project site checks or installs and 80 hours of DI Production floor time
- Active involvement with an internal DI committee or external Design or Engineering professional group encouraged
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you love challenges, solving problems, and collaborating with teammates and can operate comfortably in a fast-paced, non-traditional development and engineering environment, we want to hear from you. Please apply directly on our website with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please also provide a portfolio of your work history (Portfolio site, GitHub or LinkedIn). A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/careers.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, providing transparency into company performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid drivers license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.