LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Be on time to all functions.
- Maintain cleanliness of serving and dining areas.
- Provide wait services to guests in a pleasant, efficient, helpful manner to include during regular dining and/or special events and functions.
- Keep the grade “A” health standards and meet the customer needs.
- Prepare dining room and serving areas before a function.
- Comply will all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Follow posted duties for specific meals and events.
- Wear and maintain clean Lake Junaluska staff uniform.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the head wait person.
- Perform other duties as required.