Education, certifications, formal training
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- At least one year of experience in a GLP laboratory environment.
- Pipetting (air displacement and or/positive displacement, volumetric, etc).
- GLP documentation.
Competencies, skills & personal attributes
- Preferred extraction experience, such as, protein precipitation, liquid/liquid extraction, solid phase extraction.
- Familiarity with basic lab instruments, such as, Balances, pH Meter, Centrifuge, Volumetric Flask, etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliability and consistency in work effort.
- Commitment to quality, safety, and customer commitment.
- Solid mathematical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and effectively problem solve.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and supports company mission, vision and values.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to sustain the manual dexterity required for accurate pipetting over the course of a full work day.
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
Limitations & Disclaimer
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.