Andrews McMeel Universals digital products group is looking for an Art Director who's inspired by new trends and emerging technologies, and at the same time, can articulate ideas and execute delightful user-centric experiences for our subscription-based web-products. The ideal candidate loves pop cultureespecially classic and contemporary comics, puzzles, and video games.
In partnership with the product, digital marketing, operations, production and web development teams, youll lead the creative execution of one of our main web products and brands. Reporting to the creative director, youll work to create imaginative, delightful, and ultimately entertaining web experiences. As an art director, youll thoroughly understand the nuances of our many different brands and you are seasoned at consistently providing the team with multiple, winning design solution options that are thought-out, support product goals, and are visually striking. Youll lead by example and mentor those you work alongside of. Youre responsible for providing great design in support of content, product design and brand guidelines, ultimately guiding the brand expressions on site and on social media, as well as. Your visual and product design chops will be key in driving new users to the site as well as retaining existing fans.
- Deliver great web design work across responsive breakpoints and multiple devices
- Be the creative lead of one of our main internal brands, providing concepts and design that intrigue and inspire both your peers and consumers - with smart rationale to back them up
- Assist in wireframing, designing comps, initial graphic/visual treatments, and final deliverables
- Brainstorm and develop visual expression of our brands, both on site as well as in the channels off-site, such as emails and social media campaigns while working with both product and digital marketing
- Work with the Creative Director to improve and enhance the strength and recognition of our brands
- Collaborate and partner with copywriters to ensure that both the copy and the visuals are in perfect synch to make the concept as powerful, vivid and compelling as possible
- Collaborate with front-end developers and digital producers to accurately scope and deliver work
- Establish web design and web product best practices.
- Harmonize the work of the team with other disciplines.
- The ability to view the product holistically, supervising the development of design across platforms and campaigns
- Work with junior designers as well as freelancers to deliver work on time