- Must be detail oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor, able to develop rapport quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in CMBHS or able to become proficient.
- A valid Texas driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education Masters degree in Counseling or related clinical field preferred.
- LCDC, LPC, LMSW, LCSW, CI, or LPC-I required
- Minimum one year experience in the recovery/treatment field
- One year of marketing/sales and office experience preferred
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- Experience with insurance verification, certification and / or Utilization Review.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Outpatient Intake Counselor
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stand and walk.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.
* *Due to our work with children there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment to offered to those applying for a position in programing with children.