- Ability to work flexible hours (Early Mornings, Some Evenings til 7, Rotating Weekends)
- Ability to independently prepare meals; requires lifting and minimum of 30 lbs., knowledge and skill of food preparation, knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Responsible for cooking breakfast when needed.
- Must have good health habits (washing hands often, etc.)
- Good eye hand coordination when handling sharp knives and other kitchen tools.
- Ability to follow recipes and instructions
- Must be certified by the Texas Department of Health (ServeSafe) or become certified within 30 days of hire.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Cooking experience required
- Previous experience in institutional cooking preferred.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Standard commercial kitchen working conditions.
- Considerable exposure to heat, cold, humidity, stagnant air and slippery floors.
- Hearing and vision within normal range
- Uses hands and fingers, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able up to lift 30 pounds.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.*
*Due to our work with children there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment to offered to those applying for a position in programing with children.