The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications leads a variety of organizational initiatives while bringing their creative spirit to the mission of WFP USA. The person in this role is responsible for developing the overarching marketing and communications strategy at WFP USA, with a view to building brand awareness and engagement, driving new donor acquisition and building brand loyalty. In addition to serving as the deputy to the CMO, the position oversees marketing activities, digital and traditional advertising, social media and micro influencers, editorial, website management, and the development and execution of integrated, multi-channel campaigns.
The person in this role must be mission-driven, placing the cause front and center and ensuring that all efforts drive towards the ultimate goal of helping as many of the world’s most vulnerable and hungry people as possible.
- Develop and execute an integrated, multi-channel marketing and communications strategy that maximizes brand awareness and engagement, new donor acquisition and brand loyalty, with a strong focus on results and long-term value creation.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Marketing Officer on public relations activities, major celebrity/influencer partnerships and stewardship, executive management and other communications strategies and efforts.
- Translate strategic goals into annual plans, and work collaboratively with the team to implement them and manage the program for strong results.
- Enable the organization and the team to adapt plans quickly to address new humanitarian emergencies, developing commensurate marketing and advertising plans around emergency relief efforts.
- Develop integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns to be rolled across digital and traditional advertising channels, social media, the website and editorial content.
- Oversee media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, scoping out new areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing/analysis/experimentation across all channels.
- Collaborate on the integration of media outreach and celebrity/influencer activations and advise on how to include them in existing marketing and communications campaigns to elevate the profile of the WFP brand.
- Oversee the growth of a strong organic social media program and leverage the channels to build a significant micro-influencer cohort.
- Work closely with the CMO on an events strategy that strengthens WFP USA’s thought leadership and deepens relationships with key audiences.
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders at WFP headquarters, fostering open collaborative communication and the exchange of initiatives, learnings and performance.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and other operational metrics for all marketing and communications initiatives.
- Manage the annual budget and monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, quarterly forecasting against lead and revenue goals, and weekly/monthly reporting against targets.
- Mentor, coach, and develop the team, guiding the development of individual team members and working to position the team for success both internally and externally.