QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years related hotel/resort restaurant industry experience and/or training.
- High school or GED graduate.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Â
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Have working knowledge of Micros POS and back office reporting functions.
- Previous experience with time and attendance software.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Must have valid Food Handler Certificate
- TIPs certified preferred
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Resort ranges from winter time lows of 30 degrees to summer time highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.Â
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GROOMING & UNIFORM:
Some positions will be required to wear uniforms. Uniforms are the property of Resort. Uniforms that have been tampered or destroyed will be the responsibility of the employee and disciplinary action will apply.
- Hair must be clean and kept at a reasonable length.
- All Food Servers and Culinary personnel must wear their hair tied back.
- No extreme dying or bleaching of hair is permitted.
- Fingernails must be clean and well-trimmed at all times.
- Antiperspirant or deodorant must be worn.
- Cologne or perfume may be worn at a minimum.
- Nametags must always be worn, unless your department has a specific policy to the contrary.