Candidate should have a minimum of five years of professional or legal experience in public policy, government affairs, legislative drafting, or a related field. Juris Doctor degree required from an accredited law school.
Candidate must have excellent research, writing, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams. The candidate should have a proficient level of knowledge of program, policy and funding issues on a range of topics involving workforce development, economic development, education, legal climate, and tax policy.
Advocacy, Research, Legislative Drafting, Policy Analysis and Formulation
DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Research, analyze and advocate for existing and emerging program and policy areas primarily at the state level, and on the federal and local levels as needed, involving business climate issues, especially as they relate to the workforce, economic development, education, legal climate, transportation, tax and government budgeting.
- Monitor and support legislation related to business climate generally and prepare reports that convey the impact, both positive and negative, of legislative proposals.
- Participate in and lead research projects that produce policy briefs, memos, and full-length reports.
- Develop policy recommendations for reports and MAC’s public policy agenda based on maintaining and strengthening the region’s business climate. This may include drafting legislation or other legally binding language.
- Ensure timelines for work projects and reports are met.
- Assist in the creation of MAC’s written materials through both traditional and social media.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with policymakers, elected officials, partners, MAC investors and other chamber staff to carry out day to day job duties.
- Represent the Metro Atlanta Chamber at external functions as appropriate.
- Engage with MAC investors to meet their needs and support Metro Atlanta Chamber staff with duties as assigned.
Working at the Metro Atlanta Chamber
Our team at the Metro Atlanta Chamber strives every day to honor our seven organizational values (below). One way we do that is by recruiting the region’s – and dare we say, the world’s – top talent. Our colleagues represent a diverse group of professionals from across industry sectors, organizational types and geographic regions, all striving for excellence. They set MAC apart as a premier organization to work for and engage with, both across the region and beyond.
MAC’s multi-cultural and multi-generational team extends from metro Atlanta’s diversity and vitality. Most importantly, we celebrate our differences and welcome the wide-range of experiences that our colleagues bring to their roles every day. To build on those diverse backgrounds, we’re encouraged to participate in professional development activities and offered opportunities to work alongside our region’s top business leaders.
We believe that metro Atlanta is the center of what’s new, now and next in business, entertainment, tech and much more. And we can’t wait to share our story on a global scale.
As part of MAC’s continued response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to maintaining business continuity with a location-agnostic approach that requires a strong sense of creativity and thirst for innovation. Under our remote work policy, our employees are taking steps to ensure that they are productive, including utilizing digital tools to perform their job responsibilities, deliver results, and meet performance expectations.
Act as One
· We act and achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
· We are positive and supportive of the image of the organization & metro Atlanta.
· We demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues across the organization.
· We recognize the requirement and actively work to support other teams.
Deliver with Passion
· We have a strong belief and zeal for our region, its citizens, our jobs and the organization.
· We convey energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
· We like to make the right things happen.
Operate with Integrity
· We deliver on promises to stakeholders, employees and team members.
· We provide timely, honest and fair feedback.
· We engage in productive, positive conversations.
· We do not pursue individual objectives to the detriment of the company goals.
· We create new ideas and opportunities.
· We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on organizational growth.
· We are willing to take risks, share new ideas and consider new and untested approaches.
· We continually find ways to improve processes.
· We are honest and direct as well as tactful and considerate.
· We leave things as good as or better than we found them.
· We consider perspectives outside of our own.
· We give attention to the things that are important to others.
· We recognize that everyone plays a critical role in the success of the organization.
· We look for both fun and humor in our daily work.
· We take our work seriously but not ourselves.
· We celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person’s individuality.
· We focus on and celebrate winning.
· We treasure diversity as the blending of different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities.
· We value open participation from individuals with different ideas and viewpoints.
· We foster an inclusive culture within our organization, with our partners and members.