Position Description: This position fulfills important duties around bringing to life the Salt & Straw brand throughout our various internal/external touchpoints. The role will support the Art Director’s responsibilities to bring to life Salt & Straw’s look and feel across multiple-channels. Salt & Straw is looking for a Production Artist Assistant who wants to take on a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment while learning across many platforms of design. This position will focus on the following key areas:
- Assist in designing email newsletters, BLOG and social posts. This can include post-production, animation, and design
- Update monthly packaging and label designs
- Post-production assistance with monthly web launch graphics, photo resizing, editing
- Help establish internal branding templates, design hiring flyers, and ensure all internal comms materials are up to brand standards
- Assist with monthly shop marketing including shop signage updates, new shop opening materials
- Assist with general brand updates as needed
- This position works primarily during weekday business hours, but will need to be available for occasional nights and weekends
- Travel is limited, but may include photo shoot assists.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to bring our value of hospitality into all interactions with team, customer and vendor relationships;
- Professionalism and skills consistent with culture of Salt and Straw and our customers and teams;
- The ability to make creative and attractive designs that stay true to existing brand guidelines
- A general understanding in the differences between designing for print and digital mediums
- The ability to be a positive and cooperative team player and to serve others with understanding, respect and care;
- The ability to appropriately communicate priorities and workflow;
- Self-directed with ability to organize, prioritize, and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines; high attention to detail and accuracy;
- A neat, professional, courteous manner and appearance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2+ years’ of relevant experience as a graphic designer and/or production assistant, OR a completed bachelors degree in graphic design;
Other Considerations and Requirements
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear;
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is based in Portland, OR. Currently, a remote work position with exceptions of in-person meetings and photoshoots. Must be flexible to a full-time Portland job post-COVID..
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Salt and Straw Values
Create The Unbelievable
Show Up Generously
Act With Thoughtful Curiosity
Share Human Kindness
Make It Count
We can’t wait to meet you!
Salt & Straw is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We will consider all people - minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity. Salt & Straw will consider giving opportunities to qualified individuals with criminal histories when it aligns with federal, state and local statutes.