Job Title: UX/UI Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, HCI, Digital Design or related field, and a minimum of five years of professional experience as a Digital Product Design team member, working on web or mobile applications with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Planning, conducting and evaluating UX research, and presenting key findings
- Implementing and tracking A/B tests in production
- Advanced user analytics implementation, tracking, and reporting
- Mobile application development targeting iOS and Android
- Maintaining global CDN for CSS, images, fonts, and other shared assets such as scripts
- Working with quantitative and qualitative research, including usability testing, analytics, user interviews, A/B testing, and developing and applying Design Systems
- Working with a Design Organization, regularly incorporating feedback, applying, improving, and contributing to the Design System in collaboration with engineering
- Understanding of user-centered design methodologies, design thinking processes, usability principles, accessibility, composition, color theory, form, balance, white-space, readability, localization, graphic design trends, mobile-first, and fluid layouts
- Agile methodology, sprint planning, scoping, decomposition and estimation
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of customer service, strong work ethic, and positivity, and contribute to the company's mission and vision in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Professional written, verbal, and visual communication skills, strong polish, and attention to detail
- Online portfolio showcasing original UX/UI design and interactive work for web or mobile
- Fluency in a graphic design suite for creating UI mockups and graphics assets for the screen
- Demonstrated mastery of client-side Web Application Design and Development, SPA, Security Hardening, Minification, Design Patterns, Reusable Component Design, Caching, CDN, Responsive Layouts, Performance Tuning, Image Optimization, SEO, Semantic Markup and Fault Tolerance
- Demonstrated mastery of a client-side JS framework such as Vue, Angular, or React
- Successful track record developing stable, performant, responsive, and maintainable cross-platform user experiences that strictly adhere to established best practices and conventions
- Experience gathering requirements, writing technical and end-user documentation, planning and executing tests, monitoring for errors in production, and training and supporting end-users
- Experience integrating third-party services and solutions via webhook, API, or SDK
- Experience with a modern VCS such as Git and managing and collaborating on shared codebases
- Experience with a modern application development IDE such as PhpStorm, Atom, or VS Code
- Experience with modern tooling and the command line, including package management, obfuscation, minification, bundling, and linting, such as Git Bash, Composer, NPM and Webpack
- Experience self-managing technical and creative and projects, documenting and presenting strategic plans, estimating scope and cost, and refining and decomposing tasks for estimation
The UX/UI Developer is a hybrid designer/developer focused solely on the client-side of applications, specializing in user experience and dynamic, interactive, responsive web and mobile UI development.
The UX/UI Developer is responsible for client-side web and mobile product research, planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation, evaluation, maintenance, and support for existing and emerging custom and OTS web applications; conducting user research and A/B testing, and analyzing user behavior to propose CX improvements; working in close collaboration with application developers and other groups throughout the organization; serving as a technical resource to support the continuous improvement of the company's global, public and private web applications from the front end.
- Apply design thinking techniques, user research, iterative design, prototyping, and usability testing to define, design, review, and test interfaces, components, systems, and frameworks
- Help lead full life cycle of research, planning, development, QA, documentation, and evaluation
- Help create and automate comprehensive QA test plans for client-side applications
- Help create and maintain technical and end-user documentation for client-side web and mobile application components, architectures, integrations, and design assets, artifacts, and systems
- Help create and maintain a Design System, enforce it, and empower others to contribute to it
- Develop a library of reusable UI components, code libraries, and static assets for use in projects
- Maintain a focus on delivering high-quality digital experiences without sacrificing stability, performance, responsiveness, maintainability, and scalability
- Maintain and continually update working knowledge of all relevant technologies, languages, tools, and platforms
- Ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits, and certifications
- Manage staff members in their daily activities and support business projects
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit of process improvement and identify value-adding efficiencies
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.