Location: Remote Global
Travel: Up to 16 weeks per year internationally, on short notice
The Program Manager (PM) plays a key role in the management, support, development, growth, implementation, and monitoring of assigned country programs. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Programs Director, the PM oversees a defined group of activities with particular emphasis on Protracted Crises and Displacement programs. The PM will manage one or two Country Directors/Managers as well as manage and mentor a small team of one or two Program Officers. The PM is well organized, a strong communicator, a skilled manager, a resources mobiliser, a strategic planner, and an influencer.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Planning, Leadership Development, and Capacity Building:
- In collaboration with the Field Operations Department Directors and staff, contribute to the strategic planning and reporting, and implement the Program Team vision, goals, and priorities in accordance with the organizations five-year plan.
- Provide leadership to Country Directors/Managers through direct management
- Provide support and mentorship to Country Directors/Managers in order to develop, implement and monitor country strategies and annual work plans.
- Collaborate with the Global Programs Director, to develop and facilitate planning, leadership, and capacity building events in designated countries for staff and partners.
- Collaborate with the Humanitarian Response Team to build humanitarian response capacity for assigned countries, including providing immediate surge support in the event of an emergency response as needed
- Support Country Directors/Managers to plan exit strategies for assigned countries identified for program closure, and coordinate with Finance, IT, HR, etc. on close-down procedures and requirements, including asset disposition, staffing scale-downs and severance, and final audits and evaluations
- Create an environment for Medical Teams employees to live out the core values of: Courageous, Tenacious, Accountable, Selfless, and Not Alone.
- Develop a strong team that values accountability, 360-degree feedback, and transparency.
Operations and Administration Management:
- Support country leadership in ensuring the effective administration and management of operations in country programs including areas of Human Resources, Finance, Compliance, IT, Logistics, Procurement, Volunteer Engagement, Communications, and Program Quality to ensure highly effective and efficient program implementation.
- Support country leadership in developing budgets and work plans, and ensure effective budget monitoring, reporting, and financial management for assigned countries.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Development Department to review all outgoing media communications for assigned countries.
- Champion the implementation of effective safety and security management policies and practices in accordance with Global Personnel Safety and Security Policy; and support and collaborate with Security Advisor to receive and monitor incident reports from country programs, ensuring proper follow-up and compliance.
- Support country leadership on complex legal issues that arise requiring organizational review and risk management
- Ensure Field Operations Manual is utilized in country programs to ensure best practices and donor and policy compliance.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the program operating environment and identify particular needs in the health sector that fit with our core competencies in assigned countries.
- Collaborate with HQ program staff to ensure that all necessary reporting, program data and funding information is updated, accurate, and timely.
- Support country leadership to ensure monitoring, evaluation, and learning occurs with regard to planned and implemented programs, conducting regular field program visits for monitoring and to support reporting.
- Ensure all program goals, activities, and personnel demonstrate commitment to national and international frameworks and standards such as the Core Humanitarian Standard and Sphere minimum standards
- Support and enable country leadership to lead on the design of new program interventions in assigned country programs.
- Ensure recruitment and deployment of technical expertise, and ensure quality program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in all assigned country programs.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible, ensuring volunteers are trained and oriented to participate effectively in programs and support standards of best practice in international humanitarian assistance.
- Identify and pursue opportunities with institutional donors and foundations for strategic program growth in assigned countries in collaboration with the Country Directors/Managers, and Sr. Director, Global Programs.
- Lead all proposal develop processes for institutional funding opportunities.
Partnership Development and Representation:
- Assess, develop, and maintain partnership relations in existing and/or potential program locations, in collaboration with Sr. Director Global Programs, including facilitating networking opportunities within assigned countries or across countries.
- Support the country leadership in the development of memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and budgets with partners in assigned country programs.
- Support in representing Medical Teams International to external bodies and humanitarian and development actors including UN agencies, and NGOs, faith-based and partner organizations, media, donors, potential new partners, appropriate government officials, and other relevant parties in assigned countries and the wider region as needed.
- Ensure assigned country programs are compliant with host-government laws and policies, and with Medical Teams Internationals internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, trainings and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned.