- Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Education: ADN-RN, or Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Clinical Experience: 5-7 years full time clinical experience required. Experience in psychiatric or addictions nursing preferred.
- Management Experience: Prior experience managing Nursing staff required.
- Certification: CARN (Certified Addictions RN) preferred. Must be CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within two weeks of hire.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrates ability to collaborate with colleagues, effectively lead staff, and establish therapeutic rapport with clients.
- Able to coordinate work with other AR departments, agencies, organizations, individuals and the public.
- A valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Professional, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Proficient in Internet navigation and search, able to learn to use web-based applications and software specific to Residential Substance Abuse Treatment.
- Director of Residential Programs
- Clinical Supervision by Medical Director
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stand and walk.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.
* *Due to our work with children there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment to offered to those applying for a position in programming with children.