- Current Texas RN or LVN credentials
- Must be Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within two weeks of hire.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with co-workers and establish rapport with clients.
- Skill to coordinate work with other AR departments, agencies, organizations, individuals and the public.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on call and serve clients in any Austin Recovery program.
- Proficient in use of computers with basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work schedule (days/hours) assigned by Nurse Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings. Regularly uses a telephone or walkie-talkie for communication. Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines. Sits or stands for extended time periods. Hearing and vision within normal ranges. Uses hands to finger, handle, feel and reach Required to stand and walk, and possibly squat, kneel, or bend lift 25lbs using proper lifting technique
Education and Experience:
At least one-year previous experience working in the field of alcoholism/drug addiction preferred.