Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and/other Hospitality Management degree preferred
- Five years of food production and management experience.
- Five years of relevant experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Must be familiar with and have worked with all kitchen equipment.
- Awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Knowledge of food handling and preparation principles and procedures for all foods produced and served in the club.
- Ability to effectively supervise all kitchen food production employees in absence of Executive Chef.
- Exceptional cooking skills.
- Assists with planning and monitoring all food preparation.
- Develops food standard recipes.
- Maintains food quality, sanitation, and cleanliness standards.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the required role during emergency situations.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food safety certification.
- Certification from the American Culinary Federation or other hospitality associations preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend,
stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in a hot, humid, and noisy environment.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned.