Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- At least 4 years of relevant job experience
- Previous Welding experience preferred
- Excellent Welding skills (steel, stainless, aluminum)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills (small engine, electrical, rolling stock)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and troubleshooting skills (small engine, electrical, rolling stock)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge & experience with large cell battery maintenance
- Work independently with written and/or oral instructions
- Work well with and without supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork)
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the structure and operation of the Prepared Foods department.
- Must be able to operate equipment (forklift, floor jack, etc.) safely and professionally.
- Ability to read blue prints, trace, and troubleshoot electrical for production equipment (480 3 pH)
- Mechanical Skill (working with motors, belts, sprockets, gear boxes, control boxes, etc.)
- Hydraulic Skill (ability to work with pumps, chopper pumps, wash-line systems)
- Ability to work in a cold, wet environment
- Dependable, self-starter, ability to work well with others
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal and State equal opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-job-related medical condition or disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Pacific Coast Fruit Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program. To ensure that we continue to hire and retain a high-quality workforce, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work.