Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- At least 4 years of relevant job experience
- Previous Welding experience preferred
- Excellent Welding skills (steel, stainless, aluminum)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills (small engine, electrical, rolling stock)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and troubleshooting skills (small engine, electrical, rolling stock)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge & experience with large cell battery maintenance
- Work independently with written and/or oral instructions
- Work well with and without supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork)
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the structure and operation of the Prepared Foods department.
- Must be able to operate equipment (forklift, floor jack, etc.) safely and professionally.
- Ability to read blue prints, trace, and troubleshoot electrical for production equipment (480 3 pH)
- Mechanical Skill (working with motors, belts, sprockets, gear boxes, control boxes, etc.)
- Hydraulic Skill (ability to work with pumps, chopper pumps, wash-line systems)
- Ability to work in a cold, wet environment
- Dependable, self-starter, ability to work well with others
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pacific Coast Fruit Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program. To ensure that we continue to maintain a safe work environment, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work.