We are seeking a go-getter who is ready to roll up their sleeves and help grow and expand our organization’s organic social media program with a focus on driving brand awareness and expanding audiences, driving engagement, and developing opportunities for peer-to-peer fundraising on social media. The Associate, Social Media & Engagement & Engagement will support the development of impactful social media strategies and manage the program’s implementation across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok. This individual will have experience in influencer marketing, using Reels, TikTok, YouTube and will create, manage, and monitor micro-tier influencer campaigns via our online influencer platform, with a focus on expanding its utilization to maximize influencer engagement. The Associate, Social Media & Engagement & Engagement will oversee our group of social media ambassadors, Zero Hunger Champions, creating outreach materials to educate, engage, and equip them with the resources to become dynamic advocates on behalf of our mission. S/he will assist in the creation of the social media calendar, manage the daily posting and scheduling of social media content, create ephemeral content (Insta stories, Fleets, FB and LinkedIn stories), and monitor/respond to comments, etc. This individual will work closely with the digital advertising and marketing team on the implementation of the organization’s YouTube strategy.
Final candidates will provide examples of social media posts and take a writing test.
- Help plan and maintain a weekly social media calendar.
- Manage the daily scheduling and posting and or boosting content across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
- Write effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging for social media posts.
- Support the development of strategic social media campaign plans, campaigns and their creative assets, support social media activations with Corporate Partners and build out peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities on social media.
- Manage micro-influencer engagement. Develop and execute influencer activation campaigns in support of our mission. Find and recruit new supporters.
- Manage World Food Program USA’s Social Media Ambassadors group, the Zero Hunger Champions. Create campaigns and opportunities to keep them engaged and motivated. Find and recruit new members.
- Implement best-practices and track marketing performance to more effectively reach and engage with audiences.
- Develop a wide range of multi-media content forms, including video, text, images, gifs, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Support the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on revenue growth, audience growth and user engagement.
- Provide event support and coverage across social channels which may include live conversations, stories, live-tweeting, live blogging, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Work effectively with other groups within World Food Program USA and United Nations World Food Programme.