POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for daily care of all shelter animals and surgical patients, assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians with pre-, peri-, and post-operative care of patients, general cleaning, and following patient care protocols.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians, other staff, and volunteers.
KEY OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Know basic veterinary concepts
- Knowledge and ability to intake and release patients, including delivering and relaying important information in a friendly and competent manner
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner with the public, Seattle Humane Staff, and all volunteers
- Represent Seattle Humane in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Follow all written and verbally communicated departmental standard operating procedures
- Animal husbandry duties including: cleaning, feeding, watering, medicating and monitoring all animals in the veterinary clinic to maintain high standards of veterinary care.
- Responsible for prepping patients for surgery
- General duties in the Veterinary Clinic, assisting with movement of patients, recovery of patients, and general flow
- Ensure accurate paperwork procedures are followed each day
- Able to respond appropriately during an emergency, able to take directions from a Veterinarian or Licensed Veterinary Technician and maintain competency during CPR procedures
- Able to work independently taking care of patients and provide proper medical care as assigned by a Veterinarian
- Able to work closely with all department and communicate effectively the medical needs of shelter animals
- Works closely with volunteers in the department and related programs and provides support and training as needed.
- All other duties as assigned