Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
Job Summary: The Welder/Fabricator is responsible for the installation, and maintenance of process piping, process equipment, packaging machinery, and utility systems. The position is responsible for completing projects and scheduled maintenance on time, as well as various repairs to keep the plant running with a minimum amount of downtime. It is the Fabrication team’s duty to cross-train maintenance staff and ensure all communication and pass down information related to fabrication is properly administered.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Install and maintain sanitary process piping, pumps, valves, steam and condensate piping and equipment, pneumatic, refrigeration, tanks, brewery equipment, and packaging machinery
- Maintain inventory of fabrication and pipefitting/plumbing materials
- Fabricate and manufacture metal parts for assembly
- Fit pipes for field installation and perform sanitary TIG welds
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs as needed
- Read and interpret drawings, P&ID’s, equipment manuals
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, welders, and other equipment
- Use forklifts, reach lifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned