- Experience working with high-need, low-income families with very young children
- Working knowledge of substance-abuse and mental-health disorders
- Knowledge of child development
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish effective rapport with clients
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on call
- Must be able to use basic computer software
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- A valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Bilingual Spanish-English
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field
- LCDC license or CI designation
- Experience working in the chemical dependency treatment field
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to-face, one to one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.
* *Due to our work with children there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment to offered to those applying for a position in programing with children.