The Senior Staff Accountant assists the Controller and Assistant Controller to ensures the integrity and accuracy of financial reporting and analysis; and provides information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities to all users to help make educated economic decisions about the companys future and strategy.
- Work with controller to ensure all reporting (internal reporting, Group/Parent reporting, external audits, etc.) are accurately and timely prepared, including appropriate narratives.
- Performs variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assist with conducting internal audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Assist with systems that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintain compliance requirements for all state and local sales tax reporting through online reporting and ERP System. Follow state legislation requirements to update reporting changes enforced by state and local tax agencies.
- Assist with SRM and GAAP consolidation audits and reporting.
- Provide annual audit detail support per PwC requests.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associates degree in Accounting.
- Four to Six years progressively responsible experience in the accounting field.
- Strong accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and iOS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software for general ledger accounting; BS Preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.