The Lifeguard is responsible for guarding their area of responsibility, responding to any level of incident around the entire facility, enforcing our rules fairly and politely, checking and maintaining pool chemicals, being responsive to member and guest requests, and other tasks assigned by the Director of Aquatics and Lead Aquatics Staff.
- Scan their area of responsibility every 10 seconds.
- Respond to any and all illness and injury incidents around the entire facility, including performing- First Aid, CPR, and other Lifeguarding skills.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool, deck, Aquatics Office, and Locker rooms.
- Perform pool chemical checks at designated times.
- Keep accurate records of pool usage, chemical levels, pool closures, etc.
- Enforce pool rules and promote Aquatic Programming.
- Attend all Mandatory Staff Meetings and Trainings.
- Work together as a team with other Aquatics Staff and other departments.
- Be the club "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members and guests.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements and upholding our Customer Service expectations.
- Outdoor Environment with little temperature control