This position will predominantly focus on providing patient care in a community setting, and at the living and working locations of migrant and seasonal agricultural workers. Under the direction of the Clinical RN Supervisor will provide services to include: COVID-19 testing and vaccination, patient screenings, phlebotomy, patient education and assessments. This position will take an active role in managing FHLC’s contact tracing efforts for the MSAW patients.
Assist with the deployment of initiatives to bring education, resources and guidance to partners, agricultural farms, and migrant camps to support the MSAW’s during the COVID-19 pandemic. Will assist with COVID-19 surveillance, screenings, and vaccination.
A secondary focus will be on providing similar services at FHLC onsite clinics in the absence of specific MSAW work and missions.
- Assistance to the team to link and refer MSAW’s and their employers with appropriate health care and social service/community resource networks.
- Travel to MSAW sites within the State of Wisconsin
- Will share responsibility for driving company vehicles to work location
- Under the direction of the Charge RN and Clinicians, delivers health information, nursing care and education specific to both acute problems (COVID-19 related) and chronic problems of patients presenting at the mobile health center and onsite clinic (i.e. COVID-19 symptoms and co-morbidities of Diabetes, Hypertension, Back Pain, Diabetic Foot Care, Nutrition, etc.)
- Learns and understand the mobile health center workflows and medical clinic workflows with respect to optimal and coordinated health care for Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural population.
- Follows phlebotomy protocols.
- Conducts timely outreach tailored to meet each patient’s condition specific needs
- Serve as a point of contact, advocate and informational resource for patient, family, care teams, and community resource for FHLC’s MSAW population.
- Maintain records & appropriate documentation in various computer programs, OCHIN EPIC, WEDDS and Vaccination EMRs.
- Conducts data entry and documentation duties for COVID results management
- Adhere to OSHAHIPAA, CLIA, CLSI
- Provide Spanish/English interpretation (if bilingual) for monolingual providers and patients.
- Follow protocols to registers patients into EPIC, taking all necessary information as trained and follow protocols to fill FHLC’s forms.
- Cross trained to completing sliding fee application and explaining to patients
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based approach with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients, and patient’s families.
- Assist in complete set-up and break-down procedures at clinic sites including setting up and taking down tents, tables, chairs, and securing equipment for travel.
- Attends meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned.