This position will predominantly focus on providing patient care in a community setting, and at the living and working locations of migrant and seasonal agricultural workers. Services to include: COVID-19 testing and vaccination, flu vaccination, patient education, case management and telehealth assessments. This position will take an active role in managing FHLC’s follow up care to patients with particular focus to the migrant, seasonal, agricultural worker population.
Assist with the deployment of initiatives to bring education, resources and guidance to partners, agricultural farms, and migrant camps to support the MSAW’s during the COVID-19 pandemic. Will assist with COVID-19 screenings, and vaccination.
As Clinical Staff Supervisor, has responsibility for overseeing the clinical team (MAs, LPNs, RNs,) and providing clinical leadership in the field. This position will contribute to the development of the clinical teams through supervision, mentoring and positive role modeling.
- Provides guidance to those that are leading the development of and support of health screenings, and the leveraging of additional clinical resources for expanded screenings related to COVID-19.
- Assistance to the team to link and refer MSAW’s and their employers with appropriate health care and social service/community resource networks.
- Travel to MSAW sites within the State of Wisconsin.
- Collaborates with clinicians in developing and delivering health information, nursing care and education specific to both acute problems (COVID-19 related) and chronic problems of patients presenting at the mobile health center and onsite clinic (i.e. COVID-19 symptoms and co-morbidities of Diabetes, Hypertension, Back Pain, Diabetic Foot Care, Nutrition, etc.)
- Learns and understand the mobile health center workflows and medical clinic workflows with respect to optimal and coordinated health care for Migrant, Seasonal, Agricultural population.
- Conducts timely outreach tailored to meet each patient’s condition specific needs
- Serve as a point of contact, case manager, advocate and informational resource for patient, family, care teams, and community resource for FHLC’s MSAW population.
- Maintain records & appropriate documentation in various computer programs, OCHIN EPIC.
- Adhere to OSHA & HIPAA requirements
- Assist with notifying patients of results and recommended action.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based approach with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients, and patient’s families.
- The position is expected to spend a significant amount of time in the field, working with Wisconsin growers and Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Workers.
- Attends meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Clinical Supervisor responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the COVID Project Manager, and Mobile Health Supervisor coordinates the clinical teams to perform testing, education and vaccination duties.
- Responsible to provide oversight and support to the clinical teams for large scale screening and vaccination events
- In collaboration with clinical team, assists with development of workflows, protocols and training tools for new or changed services.
- Serves as the educational and clinical resource for the clinical team
- Responsible for supervising and assisting the clinical team (RNs, LPNs, MAs) in the performance of their duties