Worship and Arts, Full Time, Exempt
A movement of ordinary people experiencing and sharing the extraordinary love of Jesus.
To lead, shepherd and develop the Technical Arts Ministries across all campuses, oversee the creation of all video content produced by and for Bent Tree.
ESSENTIAL, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the Technical Arts including sound, lighting, video and stage design, set up, and management.
- Ability to produce weekend services, providing overall technical and creative leadership for Sunday morning experience.
- Executes the Worship and Arts Ministry as an essential part of the church’s vision of reaching the lost and making disciples. Able to recognize, instill, and foster that sense of value in Worship and Arts staff and servants.
- Exudes grace under pressure.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems, equipment, and processes and confidently make mid-course corrections as needed.
- Ability to identify, recruit, develop, and disciple servants as leaders.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks simultaneously with excellence. Operates with thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate in various mediums with a wide range of demographics including Senior Leadership, Elder, Staff, and Servants.
- Responsible for the building and development of all Technical Arts teams, including sound, lighting, video and stage teams for Sunday morning services. This will involve training, mentoring and disciplining key staff and servant leaders, who will, in turn, do the same for the larger teams.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical production for Sunday services; producing services of impacting ministry, with artistry and excellence, that honor God and draw others to Him.
- Point person for technical aspects of all expansion projects, including new construction and remodeling at all of Bent Tree’s venues.
- Oversee the budget for the Technical Arts department, including specifying, purchasing, equipment maintenance and repairs, and all other budget items.
- Train qualified volunteers, as well as schedule and train contractors (when required) for church ministry and outside events throughout the Carrollton Campus.
- Maintain in good repair and order all audio, video, and lighting equipment and associated systems across all Bent Tree venues.
- Review, specify, maintain, and oversee Apple Macintosh hardware throughout Bent Tree.
- Maintain and preserve an archive of audio and video content from past Sunday services.
- Manage and supervise the Technical Arts Team.
- Serve as a Sunday Morning Producer as part of the rotation.
- Work closely with the Video Producer to produce engaging content for Sunday mornings that brings depth and understanding to the message. Help produce content for other all-church related initiatives as time permits.
- Provide remote (and sometimes in-person) trouble support for audio, video, lighting, and staging issues at all of Bent Tree’s venues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties of this job require:
- constantly using hands and arms to finger, handle, grasp, feel, and reach;
- regularly walking considerable distances in the facility;
- regularly sitting, standing, talking, listening, hearing;
- frequently lifting and moving audio/visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds;
- frequently ascending/descending ladders, lifts, and other equipment;
- frequently bending, kneeling, and crouching;
- occasionally lifting and moving audio/visual equipment weighing more than 50 pounds;
- occasionally working in outdoor environments;
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.