Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs. Promotes memberships, programs and events.
- Provide excellent service and a welcoming environment to members, guests, and program participants;
- Communicate effectively and courteously in all interactions;
- Greet each person (by name if possible) who enters the reception area (or calls) with a friendly verbal greeting and a smile;
- Answer and refer all incoming calls in a courteous manner (within 3 rings);
- Multi-task, answer the phone while performing a variety of clerical duties and providing excellent service;
- Perform various clerical duties including but not limited to signing up new members, enrolling members in programs, entering payments, generating receipts, and maintaining accurate and up to date records;
- Be knowledgeable about Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA memberships, programs, and events;
- Sell memberships and promote Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA programs;
- Build relationships with members and help members connect with one another and to the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA;
- Handle and resolve membership concerns and inform Member Service Desk Supervisor and Membership and Marketing Director about any problems or concerns;
- Apply all Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA policies dealing with member services;
- Ensure all schedules, forms, flyers, packets and brochures located at the Member Service Desk are fully stocked and ready to hand out as needed;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding members, participants, and Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA business;
- Inform your supervisor if you cannot make your shift and find a replacement if necessary;
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as requested;
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined by the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA;
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby and member service desk areas;
- All other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Organizational Leader):
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.